Parental controls are only available for Xbox. To set up parental controls, please follow these steps:
- Go to the settings panel.
- Select Parental Controls.
- Choose to enable controls.
- You’ll be asked to set a 4-digit PIN that must be entered to play any game above a selected maturity level, on any profile.
- Once you’ve confirmed your settings, games that are outside of the set maturity level will prompt for the parental PIN.
- To disable parental controls go to the settings panel, select Parental Controls, disable controls and verify your PIN.
A note on ESRB ratings
By default the limit is the ESRB “Everyone” rating. This means that any games that are rated E for everyone (or the equivalent ratings from other organizations) can be played freely.
Games that are rated higher (e.g. “Teen”) can be played by selecting the game and entering the parental control PIN. Games that do not have a rating from a trusted governing body will always require the parental control PIN to be played.